Re: 2 year ban...

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Leif Irgens on May 16, 2007 at 09:39:35:

In Reply to: Re: 2 year ban... posted by vince kilborn on May 16, 2007 at 07:32:23:

FBM - you need to get your facts straight. Mr.J. seems painfully unaware of the rules regarding proper and legal placement of bikes in transition. I, in the interest of fairness to all the people he was impeeding with his improperly racked bike, re-racked his bike in to be within the rules. In doing so, I probably prevented him from getting a 2 minute time penalty for having his bike racked incorrectly - certainly a bigger time loss than the few seconds it took him to adjust. Think I'm joking? Ask the pro who finished first, one minute ahead of the winner but ended up in 2nd place overall after being tagged with a 2 minute penalty for - guess what? - racking his bike incorrectly. For those of you not familiar with triathlon, this is not satire - I am NOT making this up.

Oh, and by the way, in spite of my efforts to play fair and rack Timmy's bike properly for him, he insisted on re-racking his bike incorrectly after the bike leg, forcing me - when I arrived at T2 - to stand in the aisle, holding my bike while sweeping all my run stuff into the aisle so that I could rack my bike in HALF of my allotted space due to Mr.J. taking up the other half of MY alloted space with HIS incorrectly racked bike.

If you're looking to penalize someone for breaking the rules, you'd better go look within your own organization for the cheaters.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: