Re: VOLUNTEERS

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Kerry Rehm on May 27, 2007 at 08:58:33:

In Reply to: Re: VOLUNTEERS posted by katina conboy on May 26, 2007 at 16:17:29:

My thoughts on this -

Number 1 - Do not show up on a whim to a race looking to volunteer. We would have probably gotten all the volunteers needed by then. If you would like to volunteer at a race that may be coming up that weekend, CONTACT BY EMAIL OR PHONE our Volunteer Coordinator(s) so that they can assign you a job and a time to show up. Their email address and/or phone # can be found on the "Officers" page of this website.

Number 2 - IF you happen to be at a race to watch a friend or family member participate and IF you find yourself standing around counting the blades of grass that are growing at your feet looking for something to do to pass the time, go by registration/packet pickup or by the finish line chute or, even, go to the race director and SIMPLY ASK, "DO YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING?" If not then nothing is lost and you are not having to get back into your car to leave thinking "this was a waste of my time and I will never look to volunteer again" because you will be sticking around anyway to watch your friend or family member compete. Also, for sticking around, you are always welcome to participate in the post race party just as long as you leave a couple of hot dogs and a cold cup of brewski for the "overworked" Course Marshal. :)

Seriously, folks, it's a very simple procedure but like Leon said it would be soooooooooooo nice if some of our 800 members would step up and make a longer committment to a PCP volunteer position than for just a couple of weekends, here & there.

Thanks!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title: