1. Good Luck Ben!! 2. Sweet Little Bike 4 Sale

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Monetta Roberts on May 29, 2007 at 00:08:34:

In Reply to: How many doin the Grandman this weekend (june 2nd)? posted by Ben Harper on May 28, 2007 at 18:06:52:

Ben:

I'm registered for The Grandman but have been told by a semi-circle of slightly serious-looking medical professionals that my very head--the place where I hang my swim goggles and also where I do much of my thinking--may fall right off my body, should I continue to pooh-pooh their warnings to stop biking. And while generally I'm all for continuing to pooh-pooh medical advice whenever possible, after the week I just had last week, I'm starting to think just maybe they aren't trying to be funny. 'Cause if they ARE trying to be funny, they are really failing, big time! So, until I can get my hound dog Boomer's head transplanted onto my shoulders, I guess I'll be sitting this one out. But you go get em, dude! Grandman is a real fun race, esp. the bike. Just remember, once you get out of the water and you're on the bike and the wind has dried your skin and you start smelling something curious (that's curious:ICK; not curious:yummmmmmmm) ......yep, it's you, or more accurately, it's the stinky bay water that's dried on your skin and clothes. It'll mostly wash out later, though, so don't worry too much about it..... 8 )

NEXT: Am putting my road bike on the market. Here're the specs:

Specialized 2003 Allez Comp Double 54 AES; Speedplay pedals and women's bike shoes (fits size 8-8.5); all Shimano components.

Here's the dealio: A local Ironman's sister-in-law bought it new for $1750. (or more??) rode it once, no problem; rode it again and it bucked her, breaking something relatively important in her shoulder. Approximately one year ago, I bought it from her for $1200 and added a $100 aerobar. Have ridden it more than twice, but less than 777 times: It's in good condition.

Will open the bidding at $1,000 and see where it takes us. If you'd like to see the bike, ride the bike, take the bike to a bike shop for a fitting, etc., lemme know: Staylowstaymo@aol.com

Alrighty, Have a Great Grandman everyone!

Mo

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title: