Re: It was just a queston...everyone just calm down! :)

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [All Messages]

Posted by John Olive on January 13, 2005 at 07:36:06:

In Reply to: It was just a queston...everyone just calm down! :) posted by LeAnn Bailey on January 13, 2005 at 06:02:09:

LeAnn.
I am not the official spokesman for ATR but I will try to answer your questions. As far as beer sponsor, the race prints a number of shirts without the beer sponsor for the school program. If you will let someone know you can probably get one of those shirts without the beer sponsor. The numbers and sizes may be limited but if you let us know well ahead, we can do our best to accomadate your request. This option is not advertised because the race wants the sponsors to get as much visibility as possible.

As far as the two races being scheduled on the same day, ATR is historically scheduled for the 4th weekend in March. Spring Fever is scheduled for the 3rd Saturday in March which coincides with the Arts Festival in Fairhope. Unfortunately, Easter is the 4th weekend this year. The Cresent City Classic is also Easter Weekend. The ATR planning committee decided that we would lose participants if we had to compete with Easter and CCC in New Orleans. We chose to move the race up. The Spring Fever Chase was contacted and they decided that they could not move their race and felt it was important to keep it on the same weekend as the Arts Festival. I can understand their decision. It is just an unfortunate turn of the calander and next year order will restored to the universe and the three events will occur on consecutive weekends.

Finally, I would like to say that there are nice and "not-so-nice" people in every sub-group of humans. All organizations have the good, the bad, and the ugly. This forum strives to maintain a civil atmosphere I did not notice any responses to your question that were that bad. Perhaps there were soome I did not see that were removed by the web manager.

I hope this information answered your questions.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [All Messages]