Re: Will there be a Michelob ad on the ATR shirts?

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [All Messages]

Posted by Dawn McEnery on January 14, 2005 at 00:22:34:

In Reply to: Will there be a Michelob ad on the ATR shirts? posted by LeAnn Bailey on January 12, 2005 at 15:53:28:

At this time, we aren't sure if there will be a beer logo on the shirts. As John O. stated it is usually left off of the shirts the school children receive. For two or three years the logo wasn't on any shirts. Last year it was only on the large and x-large shirts. Budweiser has been a wonderful sponsor over the years either donating product or giving us money. Last year they did both and we wanted to recognize their support of our community event. In order to put on a top notch event, we need sponsorship from many sources. We have never been fortunate enough to have a grocery chain or major chain store sponsor. We do not have paid employees to produce the ATR but we do have a wonderful core group of committee volunteers plus 700 community volunteers on race day. All of the volunteers (Pacers or non-Pacers) help produce the largest participatory event in the state. If you have any sponsorship ideas, we welcome them. Early last year I notified the Spring Fever Chase director that we would be moving our race up due to Easter. We do have an invited field that go over to New Orleans after our race so as in years past, we have worked with CCC to not conflict with each other. The ATR has fallen into the fourth weekend, however, it has been other weekends some years. We had suggested having it a week earlier to kick off their festival but they told me they wanted to keep the race on the third weekend because they felt the runners came to see the arts and crafts. I was also told they would concentrate on the 2 miler for the children. Thank you for your inquiry. You may contact me (ATR race director) if you have further questions. We hope you will join us at the starting line on March 19.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [All Messages]