ATR booth vs. entertainment

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by lynn allin on January 22, 2005 at 18:11:04:

In Reply to: Re: ATR info request posted by Kerry Rehm on January 22, 2005 at 13:58:33:

Kerry!
Have I got a deal for you!
(beware anything that starts that way)
As you probably don't know, I am on my fourth career, and am a nursing student at Spring Hill College.
I am active in a national group called the Student Nurse Association, which is a volunteer, non-profit group that better prepares nursing students to be good nurses. In November I was elected to the State Executive too, which makes me really smart, or really stupid. The problem is that there is a National Convention in April and there is no money for us to attend, although we are expected to attend, especially as a State Delegate. Soooo, I have to fund raise.

I thought that having a cheap health screening at a large local event, specifically targetting active people who may have an interest in health, would be a great way. Before I booked the corner outside Wal Mart, I thought of all the PCP races, and then I thought of the ATR! Unfortunately, when I received my ATR flyer, it said that health screenings would be available. So that is the background. The question is, what is being done? How much is a booth, or can we waive that given that we are a charity? How about waiving it because I'm cute and pathetic? What if I bring my moonshine jug and play a few tunes? Boop- boop, boop...boop booop booooooop.
I would volunteer entertainment, but my husband hid my karaoke machine.

What I was thinking was that, for $10 you get your blood pressure checked, and glucose and cholesterol screens done. Two drops of blood, so much info!

Failing that, ya wanna buy me a plane tickey to Salt Lake City?
Never hurts to ask...

Lynn "let's make a deal" Allin

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL: