manners and nosey questions

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by lynn allin on February 15, 2005 at 20:06:32:

In Reply to: Re: Thanks again for a great BOMB posted by Allyson Lamey on February 15, 2005 at 10:38:03:

Allyson:
You know how you said that when you tell people your time they go blank and say "oh", like, "that's your personal best?" and it is somehow laughable?
Well, I thought of a couple retorts for those people who ask your time only to disparage you:
1. I was speaking with my sister and she said, "wow that was a great time"...but the way she said it was sort of knocking herself, so I said, "that's why it's my PR and not yours."
I said it in a nice way to her, but I thought you could really say it snarky. So next time they say, "THAT's your PR?" like you should be ashamed, say "Yes, and that's why it's all mine, not yours."
2. Head butt....stick in the eye.....burp and walk away.
3. My personal favourite, brag on your really fast friend. Having a really fast friend trumps their achievement.
4. When they ask your time, exclaim, "the time of my life!!" and walk away.
5. They ask your time, you snidley raise one eyebrow and proclaim, "Keeping time is soooo '90s"
6. Ask them theirs first, then make up a faster time and lie. If it really matters to them, they may find your lie in the results, but who cares?
...and they will soon develop the "manners" to stop asking your time or belittling you for your efforts.

Lynn "i got fast friends" Allin

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title: