New Arlington Park

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Richard Leonard on February 24, 2005 at 15:20:11:

WE NEED YOUR INPUT!!!!!

Wednesday night, Bill White and myself attended a planning meeting for the new park that is proposed for the location on Mobile Bay, near the proposed Container Shipping/Port Facility. There were port authorities, mayorial candidates, environmentalist, fishermen, lighthouse preservationist(?), local neighborhood reps, and Runners/cyclist/walkers (that would be Bill & me).

At the meeting, I addressed the grant monies that are set aside for the "Crepe Myrtle Trail" (the trail that is suppose to run along Mobile Bay to Dog River)and I wanted to know whether a right of way was being considered within the park. Bill brought up that trails and parks exist near airports in D.C. and other locals and the runway at Brookley shouldn't be hinderence. Between the two of us, and the lighthouse folks, we got the meeting off to a rip roaring start.

HERE'S WHERE WE NEED YOUR HELP. The folks conducting the meeting, Spectrum Associates Team, want our input. They gave out suggestion sheets that are no more than a Name/address/telephone #. Specify that you have an interest because you: Live nearby; or you RUN/WALK or BIKE; you fish, etc.
They ask for your comments/suggestions.
You can fax to Traci C. Gyan at 343-7137 or you can email to
tricor@comcast.net (I found this site awkward)

They'd like your feedback by Friday 2/25. But they'll take it pretty much anytime in the near future.

If you'd like to have a place with parking to access the bay and have some trails, let 'em know.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: