Re: Blisters

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Leif Irgens on October 07, 2007 at 19:39:08:

In Reply to: Blisters posted by Bobby Crawford on October 07, 2007 at 19:00:27:

For starters, don't get hung up on the idea that you wear size "X" shoes. Running shoes are sized differently from street shoes and no two companies will define size "X" the same way. Sometimes sizes will even vary between models from the same brand. I've been running for over 30 years and have worn everything from size 10.5 to 12.5 in various running shoes (and that variation is over a period after my feet stopped growing). So, forget about the size on the side of the box and buy what fits.

As far as your current shoes, give the blisters a few days to heal. If you can't afford to go out and buy new shoes, continue to do short, easy runs every 2-3 days in these shoes until your blisters turn to calloses. After that, you can probably get your money's worth out of these shoes. But be looking to buy something that fits your foot better in the next 3-4 months . . . or sooner if you can. You may also want to consider a different brand or model. You may find a better fit that way. I've run in some shoes that just didn't fit my heel well (I have narrow feet) even though they were the correct size. I ended up with blisters no matter what I did due to the substantial heel slippage I had.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: