Re: Se Ya Mr. Wild

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Ed Wild on March 20, 2005 at 16:09:04:

In Reply to: Se Ya Mr. Wild posted by Joey Warner on March 20, 2005 at 12:49:54:

Mr. Warner:
The facts remain what they are, I will restate in another post. I do not intend to imply that anyone is a slowpoke, but one must admit we are slower than elite runners. For example elite male ATR 10K times are typically below 29 minutes and elite ATR male master times are typically below 32 minutes. I am a friend of Jim Fraizer and Tim Unger who I made reference to in my comment. Both were extremely suprised and modest about there placing in last years ATR master competition. My comment about slowpokes meant to convey that some people may have had the attitude that Mr. Fraizer and Mr. Unger were underserving of prize money last year due to their times relative to elite Master male times.

The explanation presented by Mr. Mattics implies that the ATR officials were not cognizant of the fact that Kelly was the fastest women over 40. I explained in my earlier post that when the first two master males asked ATR official why Kelly did not receive prize money or was not awarded overall female master, they (ATR officials) stated that since Kelly finished in the top ten overall women she was not eligable for Master placing and that since there were no invited female Master runners, they (ATR officials) did not want to award prize money to a 42 min 10K runner. This is a factual statement that can be verified by Paul, Dennis, Sam Fernandez and Dale Eirikson who all were present.

I have reviewed the 2005 ATR 10K race entry form and it clearly states, "Prize money will be awarded to the top 10 male and female, and the top masters male and females under USATF rules." Any questions?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: