Thanks Marlon

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Bill White on March 23, 2005 at 20:25:08:

I want to thank Marlon for his support of running, but not running clubs. I would ask you to volunteer at our next race on April 2, but I am just too tired from patting myself on the back.

[ Pensacola Runners's Message Board | Search | Pensacola Runners ]
Re(3): Disgusted with Azalea Trail
Posted on 3/23/2005 at 03:35:23 AM by Marlon Smith
I'm glad Kelly Wild will be getting her prize money. I do not think you did anything wrong by airing this problem out on a public forum. Who cares what someone from Bangor Maine thinks about the PCP (don't you just hate political correctness). I think that you indicated that the officials did NOT listen to you Saturday and probably did not listen to you in 1995 either. By making this information public, the PCP officials were not able to sweep it under the rug.

And, I also agree that 34 minutes is NOT a fast time for a masters runner or anyone else. Why, Matt Dobson was probably running that time at the age of 12 years old. I even ran a 34 minute 10K in my first 10K ever. Your assessment of the 34 minute race James Frazier ran is correct. I think Mr. Frazier has realized for a long time that he is a slowpoke.. LOL (I'm really joking)

There hasn't been a real good regional masters runner since Don Wright (Mobile), Bill McCormack (P'Cola), or maybe that guy from New Orleans who looks like Rod Stewart (I forget his name).

Love the heading "disgusted with the Pacer Organization" as I have also felt this way for a long time now. You can't ever have a differing opinion from any of them or they start lamblasting everyone about not volunteering, how tired they are, and just constantly patting themselves on the back. That has nothing to do with whether to award prize money or not and is a smokescreen. How does a computer glich problem have anything to do with what the ATR officials said on the day of the race about the prize money not being awarded because there were no invited masters runners?

And yes, I think they do protect their runners somewhat. I guess they felt they owed it to the former open champ for so many years to run a picture of ole favorite Mobilian Jean L. in the MPR as the local masters winner. (We know who the real winner was).

I support the stand Ed Wild took and think it was smart to take this matter to the USATF. It's not about the money but the way an out-of-towner was treated. But then, they have the audacity to worry about if we offend someone from Bangor Maine but disreguard the feelings of a neighboring Floridian, and a lady at that.

And leave this post on the board. I'm in no way affiliated with the P'Cola running organization or any other. Don't bow to political correctness.

Replies:

* right to be disgusted - By Steven Garst 3/21/2005 at 02:33:45 AM
* Re(1): right to be disgusted - By Wyman Hamilton 3/23/2005 at 08:58:30 PM
* Re(1): right to be disgusted - By Niceville Runner 3/23/2005 at 00:54:31 AM
* Different subject - By Jon B 3/21/2005 at 10:50:04 AM
* Re(1): Different subject - By Jon A. 3/21/2005 at 01:18:22 PM
* Re(1): Disgusted with Azalea Trail - By Sheila 3/19/2005 at 07:21:04 PM
* Sounds like a scoring thing. - By Mike Bowen 3/19/2005 at 06:47:44 PM
* Re(1): Sounds like a scoring thing. - By Niceville Runner 3/20/2005 at 00:32:05 AM
* Re(1): Sounds like a scoring thing. - By Sam 3/19/2005 at 09:58:49 PM
* Re(1): Sounds like a scoring thing. - By Chuck 3/19/2005 at 09:48:26 PM
* Re(2): Sounds like a scoring thing. - By Sheila 3/19/2005 at 10:34:26 PM
* Re(3): Sounds like a scoring thing. - By Larry Curtis 3/21/2005 at 01:42:31 PM

Post a reply:

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL: Preview Post Post

Dialup  ISP   Dial Up   Internet Service Provider

Create Your Own Message Board, FREE!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright ©2000-2005

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data