Re: Blisters

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Monetta Roberts on October 08, 2007 at 06:54:34:

In Reply to: Blisters posted by Bobby Crawford on October 07, 2007 at 19:00:27:

My Blistery Friend:

Add all the usual disclaimers here [ ] and then let me say that IF you bought new shoes and then went out for an hour-long walk, you shouldn't've. (<--- don't you love double contractions? I do!) All new shoes, with the exception of racing flats that start out pretty pliable, need a breaking-in period before you go do any distance in 'em. So, next time you buy new shoes, try to wear them around the house, doing errands, maybe even at work, if possible, until they stop feeling like brand new shoes. New shoes will chew up your feet faster than a small, rabid whatever. But, you know that now.

You didn't say whether you followed Joe's advice to go up a half size or not, but the man does know whereof he speaks!

After Uncle Joe's Running Store, my next favorite place for good shoes, good prices and people who know how to fit you is Sports-n-More in Foley. They are south of the big outlet mall, and on the same side of 59.

Another great source for really poor people like me is Eastbay.com. They have an 800 # 24/7 and they can tell you if the shoe you pick out runs small, large, etc.,. They also are great about taking shoes back, provided you don't muck them up first. The best reason I love Eastbay is that they sell last season's colors and discontinued models for as cheap as $29 or $39 (or more, but once you hit $40, you're out of my price range!).

One last thought: a lot of people recommend blister-free socks, which are basically two thin socks sewn together at the toe, or somewhere, so the socks rub against the socks, instead of your tender tosies, BUT, as a Poor (yes...capital P) person, I find I can make my own by simply wearing two pair of pretty thin socks at once: ipso facto, same end result.

Right,

Mo

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL: