Re: To The Crescent City Classic Groupies

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Monetta Roberts on March 27, 2005 at 10:49:00:

In Reply to: To The Crescent City Classic Groupies posted by Kerry Rehm on March 25, 2005 at 09:13:50:

Gang;

I gotta brag and I gotta brag right now on the Pride of the Pacers, Joey Warner, The 3/27 Times Picayune lists Joey as the 4th male master in the entire field!! And his time is identical to male #3--guess he got out-leaned at the line. They are giving him a gun time (by which all awards are metted out) as 34:53; and the website is listing all chipped runners, but right now only the gun times are listed, they say when the official results are posted, the chip times will also be listed. When I saw Joey at the post-race festivities, I had no idea he had done so VERY well (he was also 46th overall). When I found him, he was cool as a cucumber, but why not, he had been finished for eons by the time I got there. It goes without saying that Joey always does great, but 4th overall in a VERY competitive male masters race---1st place was from CA--is really big.

This was the coolest CCC I've ever run, thanks to an early easter, but the humidity was maxed out----it was foggy the entire day; not one ray of sun, ever. Female world record holder at the marathon distance and also 10K, Paula Radcliff, was bested by Isabella Ochihci (30:27 to 30:45) for the women's win. And Kelly Wild of ATR fame was 3rd overall (gun: 39:01) in the females masters division. She was bested only by a Ukraine and a Russian. Girls rule!

Other pacers sited were Wetterer the Betterer, Guy Truiett, Pat Hillard,a slim and trim RFKAFBM (look out Leif!) a feeling-no-pain-in-the-line-for-the-shuttle-away-from-the-party Ricky Leonard w/ Cindy; Jane Givens; Bill Brady and I know there were gobs of others.

My goal of late is to use the CCC to try to beat the ATR time of a judge I work for, and pending the chip times, I think I was about 30 seconds too slow, making us 1 and 1, which means next year is for the World Championship, unless he beats me again, in which case we're going best of 5.... 8 )

Ok, Congratulations Joesph Warner!!!!

Mo

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL: