Re: Viking, I Mean, Biking, Invincibility

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Monetta Roberts on September 04, 2007 at 15:59:17:

In Reply to: Re: Viking Invincibility posted by Leif Irgens on September 04, 2007 at 14:08:30:

Back to my point: What I'm saying is I don't think we should turn this particular tragic accident into a platform for the dangers of bicycles or the lack of respect for bicycles. I've ridden in many other states and am active on a bicycling forum that has members from all over the world (yes, the world).

I will concede that bicycles are not the danger if you will concede that this world is covered primarily by water. And I think that every car/bike tragedy is a perfect time to sympathize with the victims and reemphasize whatever safety measures we use, or should use. Being careful and aware won't always keep everyone out of harm's way, but it will keep somebody safe.

I'm glad you feel respected commuting to work, and I truly hope that never changes. I also am happy to agree to disagree on this topic. If ever I'm mangled while biking, I hope someone will remind the rest of yous to BE CAREFUL out there!

Mo

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title: