Re: Update on yesterday's accident

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Monetta Roberts on September 04, 2007 at 16:10:57:

In Reply to: Update on yesterday's accident posted by allyson lamey on September 04, 2007 at 13:16:51:

In June 2005, Ballard was charged with manslaughter in the death of
Larry McDuff, who had been riding his bicycle in Fairhope.

Oh for the love of Pete! I can't help but think this may well be the kid who crashed into a Baldwin Co. biker---a man whose own wife had been killed while biking, years earlier, by a car (!)---and then wihout even stopping to see if the man was alive and could be helped, raced home in his mama's jeep. It was only a day or two later that she took him and the jeep to the police---because there'd been an eye-witness and he turned himself in with some ridiculous story of being scared, not knowing what to do, etc. It was sickening...If this is the story I'm remembering, I can't believe they let him off with manslaughter when he didn't even slow down, try to help, nothing! But on the other hand, I do remember that he and his family said his wife would not have wanted her killer punished; and after his death, his kids said he would feel the same way. Of course,I assume that couple would've imagined their deaths would've been a tragic accident and the person responsible wracked with guilt.

What a world, what a world...

Mo

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL: