Re: Forget about it...

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Leif Irgens on September 16, 2007 at 08:17:20:

In Reply to: Re: Forget about it... posted by Monetta Roberts on September 15, 2007 at 23:41:06:

Mo - comparing one's time to the age and gender age group tables is the basis for how the tables are supposed to work. But if different tables are yielding different results, either some are not up-to-date or there's something I don't understand about how they are set up. This is what I'm trying to learn.

I don't like to go by perceived effort because if I'm not in good shape, perceived effort will still be high but will give me no indication of whether I'm in good shape or mediocre shape.

I realize the age-group adjustment is qualitative but it's the only thing out there that allows for any sort of numerical comparison for - roughly - what I should be capable of at this age. I've lived my entire life basing my running performaces on time. Now that 5k in 20 min. is my race pace and not my morning warm-up run, I'm looking for ways to better understand my performace as I age.

But I am not depressed about it. I don't know where you guys got the idea that I'm depressed about getting slower. I'm trying to better understand it - there is a difference.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: