Many Crimes Prevented 2Nite

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Monetta Roberts on August 07, 2007 at 23:39:21:

Gang:

Unintentionally, yet--I can't deny---thankfully, I overnapped after work and missed the start of the Crime Prevention race tonight. I did, however, make the journey downtown to collect my many, many door prizes (grand total: zipp-O). And I was glad I did! It was great to see and cheer for so many of my Pacer buds what I have not seen in lo these many races!

I cannot go to bed 2night without giving Kay Taylor her props for doing yet another outstanding job directing this race that she, as far as I can remember, created on behalf of the Police Dept.

Not only did Kay seem to outdo herself with the door prizes (again, my number of wins in that dept tonight: nada), but she also had gift certificates for many of the overall and sub-overall race winners! Way to go, Kay!!

I have a theory about the substantial number of door prizes, by the way: what with being the strong arm of the law, I believe Kay very possibly sashayed into local business and casually remarked on various and sundry code violations and fire hazards before hitting up the managers, asst. managers, and yes, even shelf-stockers for gift certificates. NOT that I'm suggesting ANYthing unethical, mind you, it's only a theory; there's also a grassy knoll in it, should you care to hear more.

THE POINT, people, is that Kay and her minions of volunteers, Pacer volunteers included, did yet another GREAT job; AND the race times were quite impressive, what with the standard summer oppressive conditions.

Kudos ALL the way around!

You guys ROCK.

Mo

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail: