The Toyota US Open

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Leif Irgens on October 16, 2007 at 19:36:31:

In Reply to: Re: Hey Leif posted by Sylvia Rogers on October 16, 2007 at 16:44:24:

The Toyota US Open:

http://www.usopentriathlon.com/

Some seriously heavy hitters there too. Hunter Kemper (9th in the 2004 Oly Tri in Athens), Simon Whitfield (Gold Medalist in the 2000 Sydney Oly's), Greg Bennet (who won all 5 in this series for a $400,000 paycheck) and many more I can't remember.

Wicked fast women triathletes too. Emma Snowsill from Australia along with other championship-level athletes from all over the world. Not quite the depth of competition as say a Boston, New York or Chicago Marathon - probably somewhere between that and the field that would show up for the ATR.

It was really interesting to get to hit the same course as the Pro's and the Elite Amatures from all over the nation (the amature winners from the other four races in the series were flown in to Dallas for this final event in the series - all expenses paid). The Men's winning Pro time was just under 1:45 and the Women's winner slipped under 1:56. Me? I was happy with a 2:27:22 for 9th in my age group. :-)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: