Re: Bill White, U Misguided Sweet Soul....

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by leif Irgens on September 30, 2005 at 07:52:08:

In Reply to: Re: Bill White, U Misguided Sweet Soul.... posted by Bill White on September 27, 2005 at 20:33:41:

Well . . . I've been trying to decide whether to jump into this one or not but, since my name was mentioned, I guess I'll throw in my $0.02.

First, having read Bill's description of the altercation, the owner of the other dog seems to be absolutely clueless as to the aggressive behavior of his own pet. He needs to wake up and take responsibility for and learn to maintain better control of his own dog's aggressive tendencies.

However, I will also point out that, the dog that put me into the E.R. with $5500 in medical costs was also politely minding his own business on his porch before he suddendly decided to run head-long into the front wheel of my bicycle and send me tumbling down the street like a discarded beer can. . . Owners are responsible for any damage their pets cause and, unless they are under complete verbal control, they shouldn't be loose out in the world, whether they're in their own yards or not. We have three dogs but only allow one to be loose in the front yard because he's the only one of the three that has had enough training to be completely responsive to voice commands. The other two - I don't know if I could call them in if they started out to "investigate a visitor".

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: