Oops, I Mis-Wrote

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Monetta Roberts on October 19, 2007 at 08:54:45:

In Reply to: I Am SO Glad U Asked...But U Won't B! posted by Monetta Roberts on October 19, 2007 at 07:00:08:

"....it is generally accepted at the elite level that there is a BRIEF (100s of seconds) "flight phase" where the unaided human eye cannot detect loss of contact,....."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry--I meant to say 100ths of a second, not hundreds of seconds---hundreds of seconds might actually be visible, d'uh. Nor should I imply (or state) that there *is* a brief flight phase: only that there sometimes is. One of the current world champions, Jefferson Perez, who does hold, or has held, the world record at 20K, has impeccable technique.

Think of it this way: a rw'er's feet should be like rockers on the bottom of a rocking chair----your first touch the ground with the outside edge of one heel, and then your roll through your stride until you toe off behind you. If you are rw'ing and you are putting your entire foot down on the ground mostly all at once and then you are picking that foot up off the ground mostly all at once, I can assure you, you are not going very fast.

Mo

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title: