Re: Oh come on, you can do better than that...

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Leif Irgens on March 26, 2006 at 07:10:21:

In Reply to: Oh come on, you can do better than that... posted by Victor Birch on March 25, 2006 at 23:05:36:

May the Running Gods (and MoRo) please forgive me for breaking my vow of not blaming my slow time on my so many excuses but FBM's enquiring mind wants to know . . . so here goes:

I've been having trouble with extreeme tightness in my hips since I got sick after the 1st light marathon and this tightness in my hip rotators has been putting serious pressure on my hamstrings as they both attach in the same area under the hip bones. After B.O.M.B. my hips were so tight that, after going for an easy run a few days after the race, when I bent over to dry my feet after taking a shower, I strained a hamstsring. So, no running for several days. I managed to get through "Joe Cain" but, for three and a half weeks after "Joe Cain", I got cramps in my hamstrings if I ran any speed faster than a jog. I finally got this 2nd round of hamstring problems cleared up only two days before ATR. But, lo and behold, my hamstrings started getting crampy at around 2 miles so I slowed to avoid doing "significant damage" and I did feel that I probably cound have run several more miles at the pace I ended running for the 2nd half of the ATR.

So, on the bright side, I was able to run the pace I want to run up at Powerman Alabama in two weeks, which (along with the Gulf Coast Half-Ironman in May) are the two races that REALLY matter to me this spring.

So, at this point in my advancing years, I'm just going to have to accept that I can't run a fast 10k on swimming, cycling, no speedwork and 11 miles a week of easy jogging . . .

. . . "yea, yea that's it" < ref. John Lovitz >

Oh, wait, sorry, you said just one excuse . . . kinda like those Lays Potato chip commercials, can't stop at one . . . . :-[

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: