???'s on Turkey 10 Mile Race

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by LeAnn Bailey on November 15, 2005 at 13:52:36:

Hello! It's me again, with more race questions. Despite my nervousness, I've signed up for Saturday's race. But, just wondering about the course. Is it an out-and-back? What road is the race actually on? (I have some family who live in Wilmer, and they want to come spectate.)

Also, do we actually pick up our race packets at Tanner Williams Elementary? You guys can probably tell I'm a little nervous. Running 10 Miles is new territory for me. This past Saturday I ran 9, which is a record. I'm preparing for the Holiday Half, and feel pretty confident. Sometimes my mind tries to talk me out of these challenges.

I saw a t-shirt at the Senior Bowl run that said "The real athlete is the mind". For me, that is so true. Once I get my thinking cap in gear, my legs are ready to run.

Sorry for the rambling. I get chatty when nervous. Oh, I am a redhead, for anyone who likes to cheer on fellow runners! I've been thinking of joining the PCP, so, is there a certain time of the year where the club accepts new members, or does it matter? Thanks!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: