Re: Thanks for the help at Turkey 10

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by John Olive on November 22, 2005 at 07:19:40:

In Reply to: Re: Thanks for the help at Turkey 10 posted by Jim Mather on November 21, 2005 at 19:39:27:

I was only a small part of the race Saturday. While I appreciate the kind words, when you mention names, you run the risk of leaving out someone important. I was glad to drive the truck so Kerry could have a break. He does what I did at every race. Bill White does more at every race than I did at this one and he deserves a lot of thanks for all he does. Lou Felis is always helping out behind the scenes. Richard Leonard pitched in to help set up the course.
Of course Peggy Olive, Jane Givens, Jimmy Matthews and a number of others on the results team have to do a lot before race day and on race day. I really appreciate Justin Parker agreeing to traffic control at the last minute on Saturday. Anyone who has ever done this job at a race knows it is not pleasant dealing with irrate motorist and he did a great job (with the help of some other great volunteers I did not know).
Marty Demouy deserves a big thank you for acting as race director for this race.

It takes many cogs in the machine to make these races successful and I know I have left our some important ones. If you are not running at the Holiday Half, I am sure Jon Bowie and Company can find a place for you.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: