Re: Changes to the BOMB course...aka Hey Leon!

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Leon Mattics on December 31, 2005 at 06:55:42:

In Reply to: Changes to the BOMB course...aka Hey Leon! posted by lynn allin on December 29, 2005 at 22:44:31:

Jean and I have been down to D.I. twice in the last week. The course I looked at on Monday was a lot like the Hurricane Run but after thinking about it I decided I didn't like it, so we went down again on Thursday(a 40 mile ride for us) and found another course that is quite a bit different from the Hurricane Run. The course does go up to Audubon and comes back out on Bienville from Buchanan. The course starts close to the fort, 166 feet west of the BOMB finish(which is the same as before). It will be certified at race time. I'll ask Dalton to put up a copy of the map shortly.
I also liked running around the Fort on the old course but we have always worried about the roughness and narrowness of the road and it is just a matter of time until we would have had someone get badly hurt in a fall. I've seen plenty of near accidents myself over the years. Runner safety has to be a big concern of the Pacers. Right now it would be impossbile to start the race behind the fort.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: