We're Baaaaaaak! It's Team in Training Recruting Time!

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Monetta Roberts on January 02, 2006 at 07:12:33:

Gang;

I know a ton of you kids are TNT graduates already and what better people to (rejoin and/or) spread the word about what a great and throrugh marathon, and now 1/2 mararthon training program is this thing we call Team in Training. As has been done in the past with the walk teams, the markedity-marketers have advised the Alabama Chapter to take a break from trithlon and century ride teams this seasons, and while I do not imaigine to know how those coaches feel about being benched for a season, I do remember that when it happened to me, I was quite grateful to have the extra time to tend to my own training (read: recovery), wash my dogs---- who absolutely BOLT at the fist drop of rain on their coats--as though their minks jackets will surely be ruined by the slightest moisture; and yet 10 minutes later can be found gleefully rolling and rolling and rolling, before continuing to roll some more in the vilest mud hole they can find as though they'd paid top dollar at some Chi-Chi Spinghill day spa and couldn't believe their luck that they'd gotten in so quickly...And oh yes, I even managed to occasionly clean my house doing the occasional TNT hiatus.

Ok, none of that is here nor there exept to say that the last word I head ( which certainly could've changed by now) is that we will be recruiting for for marathoners and 1/2 mararthons for both the COuntry Music Marathon races in "Mash"ville, TN on 4/29/06; and for the Rock n Roll Marathon in San Diego on 6/04/06. If I am remembering this correctly, while the SAn Diego race doesn't technically have a 1/2 marathon, TNT, along with the race DOES provide a 13.1-mile finish line with a medal, a blankie, etc.etc. for TNTers---so it's sort of secret TNT 1/2 finish---but you gotta know the secret handshake.

Anyway, I've done both marathons with me teams---Nasville Mararthon once, last year, and was VERY PLESANTLY surpirsed by a great race! Very, very good.

San Diego I'd 3 of the first four years of the race, and it's also a great race.

I'll have photo albums of different TNT races if your interested, and will be availble to get you an overview on what trainining is like, how greadually it progresses, and in generally how much fun it is to slowly get in great shape all the while for a most worth cause.

I know you'll enjoy meeting and talking with our new area coordinator (and Chicago TNT Chapter Century Graduate!) Kristina Stone. JUst like her name, she rocks.

Ok,

Mo Roberrs

At any rate, all things will be made clear at the infomrational meeting that you are cordially invited to attend while dragging 3-4 co-workers by their hair, if necessary---/ The meetings are set for:

MOBILE :
CHANDLER YMCA
951 Downtowner Blvd
WEDNESDAY January 18, 6:00PM
TUESDAY January 24, 6:00PM

DAPHNE
DAPHNE PUBLIC LIBRARY
2607 U.S. HWY 98
THURSDAY, January 19,6:00PM

KICK OFF PARTY (WHERE YOU CAN STILL DRAG, I MEAN, BRING PEOPLE TO JOIN:
SAUCY-Q BBQ
1111 Government STreet