Re: Negativity, is not my style but...

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Kerry Rehm on April 03, 2006 at 08:47:13:

In Reply to: Negativity, is not my style but... posted by Victor Birch on April 02, 2006 at 23:22:48:

Victor, as far as the Port City Pacers...we were there only to produce the race. We had no control over any of the things you mentioned. It seems to me the chaos of the whole event falls on the responsible parties - Arthritis Foundation and the Bay Bear/Hank Aaron Stadium staff. We were told, at one time, that the "walk" would not start until AFTER our race had finished. There's one more issue to address for this race and that's the lack of police to man the entrances off of Government, McVay Dr. and Halls Mill Rd.(Again, this is up to the responsible parties mentioned above). At one point, towards the finish of the race, we had people trying to leave from the park and people trying to get in....all this while runners/walkers of our race were still at it.

I, personally, say we "punt" this event for the future. I don't know of any PCPacers who really like this race, anyway.

Would you readers out there like to see the return of the Jingle Bell Run in Dec.? Let us know, here.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: