Negativity, is not my style but...

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Victor Birch on April 02, 2006 at 23:22:48:

I must say that I did not like the combination of the Arthritis Walk and the Bay Bears Home Run Trot. I don't know how much control we have over the whole production but I would like to see the race at 8:00 AM and the walk at 10:00 AM. For those of you that did not run it (which was a lot of runners), the runners started first (at 9:30 AM unfortunately) which was a good idea, but after the loop of the stadium we encountered the walkers who expanded across the entire street impeding many runners. On the second loop, we also encountered walker traffic but to a lesser extent. After the race, the water table was a good ways away from the finish which is a high priority for runners who have not taken water on the course. The lack of T-shirts was not a big problem but why not offer a reduced entry fee and waive the T-shirt if an applicant desires to do so? The awards issue is totally bizarre to me. Why May 4th?

Once again I hope that this posting can be viewed as criticism designed to enhance future Home Run Trot races. I am grateful to any and all volunteers of our racing community so please don't let this turn you off from helping out.

Thank you,
Victor Birch

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL: