Re: Big Thanks--volunteering pays

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by vince kilborn on April 09, 2006 at 13:32:06:

In Reply to: Big Thanks posted by Richard Leonard on April 09, 2006 at 12:31:41:

Richard, tremendous job during less than ideal conditions. Since I had the girls this weekend, I decided why not make it a family affair. But how? Answer: wake them up early Saturday morning (disturbing their beauty sleep) and volunteer! As you said Friday, it's all for a good cause--Penelope House. Fort Conde is an excellent venue and provided "Old Mobile" sightseeing for my adventuresome kids. Kinda enjoyed it meself! The waterstop at Washington Square stayed dry during the race, and things got really interesting when runners were going in both directions. (Thanks, Tom Harrison and others for keeping the fire drill going). I've run a few events, and always wondered what the cup fairies looked like who cleaned up at the end of a race. Now I know! I also have to give due credit to Kerry Rehm, who does a heck of a job as Course Marshall. I fully subscribe to his, "Soldiers, you learn by doing approach!") If you can't read a map, find another line of work (or at least volunteer for someone who needs slightly less than a warm body). Just kidding. Okay, only half-kidding. Hah! Really though, I must say volunteering was a great experience, a chance to return the favor for those who handed me water and kept cars from running over me while I ran. PCP again put on a showcase event yesterday, and one my family was proud to be a part of, as all volunteers should be.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: