Re: Disabled List!

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Monetta Roberts on April 28, 2006 at 06:15:35:

In Reply to: Re: Disabled List! posted by Angela Strickland on April 27, 2006 at 08:46:20:

Joey;

Add me to the list of friends who're so sorry to hear of your new challenge. I'm telling ya, with every passing year I understand a little better what my then 80-something year-old daddy was talking about when he said, "Baby girl, don't ever get old."

I can't speak to your herniated disc (hellooooo Joey's disc!) but I will say three related things:

1. Roy Seewer of Butch Cassidy and PCP racewalk AND post-race food fame also has a bulging and/or herniated disc and underwent some non-surgical treatment that has him back in relative good shape----go talk to him for details (and for a soon-2-B-famous Butch burger....).

2. I learned last summer that I'm missing the majority of the discs in my cervical spine----so where'd they go, I asked the doctor, I didn't hear anything hit the floor while I was walking around. That mystery aside, I now do daily home traction while allows to me live and act as close to a normal human as I ever did. I think I may be better off, pain-wise, than you and Roy since my discs are simply gone and are not being pinched or insulted, but I do have a bone spur up there that's as fun as it wants to be. I know Roy did (and maybe still does?) home traction too. As for me, if I go more than two or three days without traction, my head starts sinking into my neck-hole and it looks like I'm wearing my shoulders for earrings, that's when the migraines crank up too. Fun stuff. That's why I might forget to cut the grass but I never forget to do traction.

3. Karin Armstrong is THE massage therapist to the stars in Mobile. If you want to do yourself a big, big favor, call her cell 554-7120 and leave a message if she doesn't answer. She has two locations now---one on Shillingers Rd (just south of Grelot Rd) and somewhere in mid-town. She's a genius, Joey, no lie. I recently (foolishly) biked a 20-mile race at Point Clear after having not biked all winter. It was a race, so of course I stayed down in the aerobars for 99% of it---REALLY good for a neck with almost no discs. Afterwards I had a headache for three straight days. My doctor couldn't see me, I was eating migraine meds like candy, and on the third day, Monday, so called Karin and whinned and generally carried on like a big baby. She worked me in, and my head stopped hurting ON HER TABLE. I give her the highest recommendation possible.

Good luck, Joey. You can get this thing under control.

Your pal,

Mo

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL: