Re: PCP Board Members

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by athena lopez on April 29, 2006 at 11:51:34:

In Reply to: PCP Board Members posted by Timmy Jernigan on April 29, 2006 at 08:28:24:

The registered runners are needed at least a half an hour before the start. This way everyone running can be accounted for. It is very complicated when we have to scrounge in last minute registered runners when we should concentrate on the start.

Of all the experiences you had this year I would like to encourage you to not take this unfortunate situation to change your mind about joining the board. I can tell you I have had far worse experiences happen to me throughout the many years I have run Pcpacer races. As you can see I still joined the board. The board needs people especially like you that can help situations such as this one from happening. I have not been able to be at many of the pacer races this year due to my occupation, but the one's I did attend the registration was closed 30 minutes before the race. Those that were not closed should have been. It could have been anyone that was turned down and I am so sorry it was you. Review your entire year and see how much fun you have had besides this experience to finalize your decision.

There are 2 GP races left! You still have a shot. Who knows...Victor could eat too much Ice Cream and when it comes race time will puke in the middle of his run. Then you can pass him. If that doesn't work you can always sprint up to him and slightly kick his shoe causing him to lose balance and fall. Just look away and act as if you never saw anything and plead innocent. I will root for you Timmy.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: