Re: Grand (Crash) Man Tri

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Leif Irgens on June 04, 2006 at 20:36:06:

In Reply to: Grand (Crash) Man Tri posted by Monetta Roberts on June 04, 2006 at 18:20:05:

I spoke with friends of Annette today. Without getting too personal or getting into to much detail, she's basically going to be fine. She has some scrapes and bumps and some staples in her head to close up a laceration (staples allowed sooner return to swimming than stiches, you know us overtrained, type A tri-heads, gotta get back in the pool . . .)

I'll leave any details regarding her current condition for her to post . . .

As far as the crash goes, I've heard a couple of different versions myself but basically, she was passing another rider when he suddenly veered left into her path. His back wheel took out her front wheel, causing her to crash Then, either he or someone behind them then crashed onto her. (Yes, her bike is fine - that's the first thing she wanted to know so we figured then that she was going to be OK).

According to the race officials, the rider who crashed her was able to get up and finish the race but he was disqualified for his role in causing the crash. Also, according to race officials, the riders who rode by cussing them for not getting out of the road were also disqualified for unsportsman-like behavior.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: