Grand (Crash) Man Tri

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Monetta Roberts on June 04, 2006 at 18:20:05:

Gang;

Can anyone report on how Annette Porter-Ham is faring after her disasterous bike crash in yesterday's Grandman Triathlon??? By the time I got to the part of the course where she was down (still in the Fairhope Pier Park, just a couple of minutes into the bike leg) she was surrounded by medics and I couldn't even tell who was on the ground. Later I heard she'd been transported to the hospital and Leif's wife, Billie Wiant, went along to supervisor and calm her kids 'til reinforcements could get there. There were several versions of what caused the wreck, and so I have no idea which is the correct one, but she did wind up in the hospital and her helmet, I'm told, was smashed to Hades. Eeeeeg! I hope this part is true: I heard that one of the first coherent post-crash sentences out of her mouth was, "How's my bike?" That's gotta be a good sign, right?

Hope someone can shed some light on her recovery; and please pass along to her that once we heard what had happened, all of our thoughts were with her---still are.

OK,

Mo

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL: