Re: Grand (Crash) Man Tri

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Annette Porter-Ham on June 04, 2006 at 22:36:47:

In Reply to: Grand (Crash) Man Tri posted by Monetta Roberts on June 04, 2006 at 18:20:05:

I wanted to let you and all the gang know that my bike is fine. Only a couple of minor abrasions to the frame and seat. Thanks to Billie my computer was located. Unfortunately, my helmet will not recover. What is funny is I had just bought the new Giro Atmos Discovery helmet a few weeks ago. Everyone had picked on me about my very old yellow ten pound helmet for years. ....I'm going back to my lucky yellow helmet. ha-ha.

As for me, I was knocked out from the crash. I have actually heard several different stories myself as to the injuries I sustained and what happened to cause the collision....I recall that when I mounted the bike after the swim that there were at least ten of us mounting together. I was actually passing a girl (on her left) when another cyclist (??some guy??) squeezed between us leaving me pinned on the left. At that time, we were three wide. I repeatedly yelled at him "give me some room" and "MOVE OVER I'M ON YOUR LEFT!!!!!", because I was being pushed into the sand. I HAVE NO DOUBT THAT HE KNEW I WAS THERE! At that point, he moved over on me and clipped me. It all really happened pretty fast. I hope that he was an inexperienced cyclist and not just a jerk. I was told that he was able to finish the race, so I assume he wasn't injured. The next thing I recall is thinking I had been in a car wreck. I was totally out of it.

I was taken to the hospital and I have a mild concussion, ten staples in my head, one in my elbow and lots of bruises and road rash. I am able to wash my hair, and even swim as soon as I feel well enough. I am dizzy today and sometimes feel a sensation like I am falling. I'm stiff and sore all over. The upside to this is if I forget someone's birthday or don't return phone calls, I can blame it on the head injury!!!

Seriously, I hope that everyone knows how much I appreciate all the care and concern that I have received. I am blessed with wonderful friends and family.

Net

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title: