Pat Has Tightened The Thong Noose, So 2 Speak

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Monetta Roberts on January 19, 2008 at 12:46:28:

In Reply to: Re: Mardi Gras Marathon & Half Marathon posted by Monetta Roberts on January 18, 2008 at 18:34:22:

I don't know what to say, but that's never stopped me before, so I'll just blurt it right out:

I saw both Hilliards after the race this morning and got Patrick up to speed(o) on my (semi-brilliant) idea to raise additional monies at the Joe Cain race for their very worthy cause of helping various challenged athletes, as they do every year, by getting a herd of men to race in thongs (IT'S MARDI GRAS, don't forget) for donations above and above the race entry from appreciative, or from shocked and awed race participants OR spectators.

I even said this year if only he thonged it, I myself, a humble widow on a pension, eating catfood pate and berries and seeds for which I fight the birds and squirrels in the backyard each and every day-----even I would make a modest extra contribution.

And ladies and boys, do you know what Mr. Hillstrom said to me at that? He said, without blinking, "A thousand dollars???" And so I'll be out this evening and well in the night at the corner of McGregor and Old Shell Road, trying to sell my one patched winter coat and ALL of my gloves, socks, and all my shoes, my lamps, eyeglasses, my sheets, my blankets, my warm jammies, my food to see how close I can come to that $1,000.

It's a small sacrifice, I know, but when I hitch a ride to the Joe Cain run, and borrow someone's jacket and a dirty pair of socks, I know it'll all be worth it with I see Patty, running for all he's worth in that glorious thong.

Yes, it'll all be worth it.

Mo

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL: