Re: Panther Pride 5K has been canceled

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Monetta Roberts on January 19, 2008 at 21:45:52:

In Reply to: Re: Panther Pride 5K has been canceled posted by Leon Mattics on January 19, 2008 at 19:12:37:

From the solid mahogany desk of Leon Mattics, course certifier & runner extrodinaire:

Today was shaping up to be another day like the infamous Turkey 10 miler in which we had a lot of runners and volunteers sick after the race, some suffering from hypothermia, Jean included...

Leon:

I competing in that Turkey 10 of which you speak. It was my first race back after a way-too-many week lay off thanks to some icky surgery (yeah, that's right fellas: lobotomy) and at the time I was more than happy to be in the cold, driving rain for 10 long miles. I did, however, cross the finish line at the end and, without stopping or even slowing really, make a beeline for my car where I instructed my companion to "t..t..t..t..ttttake m..m..me H..H..HOME!"

And for the Mississippi writer who took me at my word about this morning, ummmmm, I should say I've been prone to bouts of sarcasm on one or two occasions. In other words, I was sincerely snuggled down in my warm blankies this a.m., regardless of anything I may have indicated otherwise. Heck, it's a rare thing if I show up for a race anymore on a GOOD day, nevermind a day like today! Been there, done it all, more than once.

Oh, and while I'm coming clean: Randy L----I just saw your First Light time in last Monday's newspaper. Please forget everything I said about coaching YOU (except running on concrete is b.a.d.). Maybe you could coach ME. Except I'm done marathoning. That was a WAY GOOD time, esp. on the Mobile course! What kind of cereal do you eat in the mornings?!??? Wow!

Ok,

Mo

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL: