Cancelling or postponing

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Richard Leonard on January 20, 2008 at 16:25:31:

First, let me apologize for the inconvenience to anyone who came out yesterday. I can only recall the Old Mobile 8K (2003?)cancellation in recent memory. I, like Mo, stood under the aluminum lightpole, watching the sky light up with every bolt of lightning. After the no race call, I proceeded to go into the fort and be the only one who didn't get a door prize. There was no lightning involved in the Turkey 10 Miler, so we let that one go and as Leon can attest, the volunteers, who are really not doing too much movement, paid the price. To tell you how cold that day was, we didn't even pop the keg!

Since we haven't had a lot of practice at cancelling races, what I propose the Pacers will do in the future, will be to post on this Forum AND make an effort to change our office outgoing message to state our intentions. That # is 473-RACE. Keep in mind, when we leave the office with a message saying we're on, conditions could still change. Kerry did man the phone and did help turn around a Mississippi runner who did call in.

Now with that said, this was NOT A PACER RACE but when we're helping as we were yesterday, we will still try to inform you. The Panther 5K race director called the race which I recommended, as well.

IF YOU ARE STILL WITH ME, THE DECISION TO POSTPONE VS CANCEL is still up in the air. Usually, once a race date passes, that's it, but we will look at the future race schedule for both the Pacers and independent races and see if there's anything that can be done.

Thank you

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title: