Re: Yeah, me too...

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by vince kilborn on October 29, 2007 at 17:52:35:

In Reply to: Yeah, me too... posted by Victor Birch on October 29, 2007 at 16:46:25:

Maybe you were not the kind of "runner" they were looking for! Remember, the jury doesn't get picked per se. Each side has a certain number of "strikes" and can remove who they don't want and the remainder becomes the jury. Clearly somebody struck you, it could have been the DA or the defense. You will likely never know, and I wouldn't waste time trying to figure it out. If it's any consolation, I would have picked ya!

On a more serious note, I commend you for being willing to serve. Many people try to get out of jury duty, but at the end of the day that's what makes this country great. Why do you think people from every nation try to beat down the doors to come to America? The short answer is we value freedom above all else, and the fundamental safeguard of freedom is the right to be judged by our peers. Maybe some of us will only appreciate this if we are jailed in another country. Remember "Midnight Express"? There's a reason they made that movie. Hey, don't get me stirred up. Actually, I'm glad you asked.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: