Re: Ironman Florida

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Monetta Roberts on October 30, 2007 at 17:07:58:

In Reply to: Re: Ironman Florida posted by Kerry Rehm on October 29, 2007 at 19:43:59:

Kerry & Sandy:

Before you go to spectate the Ironman, I should warn you to carb up and go properly hydrated! Spectating one of those buggers is not for the faint of heart, lemme tell ya. I went one year (last year???) with the overly optimistic goal of being pit crew/moral support for Timmy J., and also did what pitiful little I could do to cheer on Home-Improvement-TV-Show-Freak Lance Steed (his wife's a HITvSF too!), Ron Steed, Joe McConnell, and every single person who ran past Jennifer's and my "station" on the marathon course. And lemme tell ya, it was exhausting! I am not kidding when I say I had to take two (2) naps during the course of the race.

I'm sure you plans probably don't include staying the course for the entire race, but for however long you spectate, PACE YOURSELVES! It's an endurance event in and of itself.

If you see Debbie McGowan, Sean Hylton or ANY Pacers, please be sure to give an extra "HOOHA" for me! It's an unbelieveable thing to witness, that's for sure.

Great good luck to each and every local entrant! Tear 'em up!

Mo

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title: