Re: ***BREAKING NEWS*** - Chickasabogue Race

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Kerry Rehm on August 12, 2008 at 22:09:58:

In Reply to: Re: ***BREAKING NEWS*** - Chickasabogue Race posted by Robert Staples on August 12, 2008 at 16:29:55:

Sorry, Robert, but no reschedule...although we probably should have. As I predicted (I think I missed my calling as a weatherman), the storm hit us right at gun time. Thanks be to the Good Lord no one was injured and the rain calmed down once we got the party started. I prayed for the rain to hold off until the last runner crossed but God blessed us with no injuries, instead. In hindsight, we probably should have not run this race. Nothing is worth the chance of losing someone's life and I, personally, am thankful to God above for seeing that no one was hurt. For some strange reason, for the last three years this race has had to deal with rain/storms. This year, unlike the last two, the storm hit us DURING the race and not before it. And it hit us HARD!!!

Thanks to everyone who came out and braved the elements!!

This is a good example of why we did not run the Panther Pride two years ago.....or was it last year? Oh, well, they say the memory is the first to go.

We (the Pacers) will try to give notice of cancelations for future races on this Forum. Be on the lookout either the night before or first thing in the morning of a scheduled race if weather dictates that we cancel it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: