Score: Girls 6; FBM -0-

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Monetta Roberts on August 21, 2008 at 17:51:05:

In Reply to: I understand that... posted by Victor Birch on August 21, 2008 at 16:14:00:

Well which'un is it gonna be, young fella? Are they training hard and want to score too, or should they get off their butts? Ehhh, nevermind, me, I'm just an innocent bystanderchick scoring points hand over fist for all of Chickdom. But that stuff coming out yo head? Someone once said too much thinking can be a bad thing...now who was that, hmmmmmm......

In more important news to all: I just got the briefest hint that there's been yet another car eats bicycle (2?) with riders on the mean streets of Mobile. I think it may be reported in the Mobile Press Register, though I haven't seen the paper and have no details. Ya'll probably know more than I do, but jeezum, this is my home town and I'll be THE very first to say it's one of the most bike unfriendly towns I've even seen or heard of.

Despite the lack of bike trails (MOST preferable for biking AND hoofing it, in my opinion) or even bike lanes---which still don't guarantee safety, but they're a darn good start---there just really seems to be a mean-spirited mentality amongst many of our fine citizens: Many of them appear to absolutely resent having to share the roads with anything that doesn't have a hemi, or isn't an SUV. It isn't just dumb luck that so many athletes and commuters and recreators on bikes go down around here. I'm not suggesting anyone change their life, or live in fear of doing or being whatever it is he or she wants, but I do sincerely suggest that when you bike the streets of Mobile and Baldwin Co., you never, ever, to the place where you feel 100% safe from your fellow roadsters. Because you aren't.

If anyone knows the state of the biker(s), would you mind posting? And if I have it wrong, I'm glad! And, for any newbies, it never hurts to read the words of a nervous ninny....

Ok,

~mo~

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL: