Re: Two More Bikers Down-Start Something Better

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Bruce Coldsmith on August 24, 2008 at 12:51:51:

In Reply to: Re: Two More Bikers Down posted by MOnetta Roberts on August 24, 2008 at 08:52:56:

Kerry, Mo, and all, I am in favor of doing something to bring to the attention of the city (officials and citizens) some very unsafe situations and some great opportunities we have. Count me in.

I am also involved with the Dog River Clearwater Revival. We are making great strides in cleaning up the Dog River Watershed and creating more access to the watershed. One of our new projects is to help create more paths along the river and its tributaries. This certainly combines two passions a lot of us share: the environment and fitness.

We (DRCR) will host a race, date to be determined, ending on the only dedicated path in the city: the one mile stretch along Montlimar Canal which starts at Wings. Wings has agreed to host the event and the procedes will go to help create more paths. My company is putting up sponsorship money. It will be an evening race with a great Wings party.

Dog River tributaries go from Schillingers Road to the Bay. Imagine what a great fitness vehicle that would be for runners and bikers to be able to go from the Schillingers to the Dog River Bridge on dedicated paths.

This is a cause I am putting my time, talent, and treasure into, not just 'sounding off'. I encourage anyone who is interested to let me know (bruce@brucecoldsmith.com) and to get involved. Otherwise, we will have this same chat, some time in the future, again and again. Get involved!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: