Re: Running Groups

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Sandy Falgout on September 07, 2008 at 21:36:58:

In Reply to: Running Groups posted by Jessica Baxley on September 07, 2008 at 12:29:28:

I run with a group of teachers from Baker and some other friends. We are training now for a half in the fall followed by a full in February. We are building a team to run in the 2nd annual National Marathon to Fight Breast Cancer. We are not fast by most standards but we always finish strong! (Thanks, Coach Mo, for teaching us this very important lesson.)

We don't do a lot of organized runs during the week although I can see that happening as we get further along in our training. Right now we are doing a long run each weekend. You are more than welcome to join us if you'd like.

Email me at sandyfalgout@yahoo.com if you are interested.

PS - As a breast cancer survivor, I'd like to encourage everyone to consider supporting the breast cancer marathon or half marathon. 100% of your registration fee goes to breast cancer research and services for breast cancer patients. It's a fabulous event with Jeff Gallaway as the race director. I've run 4 full marathons (Disney, Country Music, Nike Women's in San Francisco, and Breast Cancer) and 4 halfs (Pelican Point, Mardi Gras, First Light, and the Indy Mini) and I have to say the Breast Cancer marathon had the best crowd support of all. The course is beautiful as it winds through many small beach communities near Jacksonville, FL. You actually run 2 miles on the beach with the waves crashing in and seagulls all around. People all along the course were out with water, food, ice, washcloths, water hoses, music, signs, and cheers of encouragement. Consider joining Team Sandy - Pink Ladies and the Ks for this tremendous race. It's a great event for a very important cause.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: