Re: Volunteers

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Richard Leonard on April 05, 2009 at 10:39:52:

In Reply to: Volunteers posted by Pat Hilliard on April 04, 2009 at 16:22:23:

Oh, but it's so much fun! And remember we have the "Big Boys (and Gals)", the police, right behind us on the major intersections, watching our backs. For the record, we worked with the neighborhood association and their neighborhood blog to increase awareness of the race. We've passed out flyers in the past.

I want to thank everyone involved in helping us put on the RRCA Southern 8K Championship race. To the folks who work at the Fort, and those in the fort (Cammie,Roy, and Joan w/ Penelope House) a big thank you. A great thanks to those who worked the outside the fort, so many who I'll miss by name so I'll leave that to our volunteer coordinator, Maureen, to acknowledge. But I do want to point out Jean Mattics and her team at the finish, Jon Adams on "Sound/Acknowledgement", Peggy O and her fine group on Results, and all at packet pick up. And then there's the course -Mucho Gracias to all, including the BAR's (many who swing both ways as BAR's and PCP's),and to our water stops- The womens bike club "Spoke'in Southern" (sp) and Leukemia Team in Training. Without these folks, the security for the course would be cost prohibited to conduct it at its present site. Thanks to all that came and ran and to the weatherman.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: