What he said.

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Justin Parker on January 21, 2010 at 10:10:53:

In Reply to: Re: Man on a budget posted by Kenny Pfeiffer on January 20, 2010 at 08:56:39:

To reiterate Kenny's point, the races put on by the Pacers are a cut above the rest. I've run many road races all over Alabama and Georgia, and looking back, the consistent quality of races in the Pacer circuit is astounding when compared others. There are so many things that I feel are taken for granted because EVERY SINGLE Pacer race has them.

I've run 5ks that were close to a half mile too short (I set the mile world record just last year at a 5k in Auburn, beating my own record set 6 years earlier in Warner Robins, GA) and others that were just as much too long. In fact, I'm not sure I've ever run a small 5k that was certified by someone other than Leon or Bowie. I've run more than one race where I didn't see a single volunteer from the moment the gun went off until I got back to the finish line. I've paid $25 dollars for a race with no police support, went 1 deep in awards, and gave out ponchos instead of race shirts.

None of these things would happen at a Pacer race. And, honestly, I feel as though they push a lot of the other races in the area to up their quality as well.

There's a reason I hope to return to Mobile for several races when I'm healthy again, and it's not just to see Victor in running shorts.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: