Re: Draft-Alabama Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Lu Jeffrey on March 18, 2010 at 15:53:01:

In Reply to: Draft-Alabama Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan posted by Richard Leonard on March 17, 2010 at 17:16:00:

I sit on the Steering Committee of Smart Coast a non-profit organization.
Smart Coast now conducts three programs; Complete Streets, Safe Walks to School and Healthy Coastal Connections. Healthy Coastal Connections is conducted in conjuction with the National Biking and Walking Center.
I would encourage anyone interested in promoting comprehensive regional planning and communities that are pedestrian and biking friendly to go to www.smartcoast.org you can also contact Smart Coast by e-mail; info@smartcoast.org, 251-928-2309. The people who created Smart Coast have been working diligently for two years to make changes in the Mobile and Baldwin County area, and continue to stay passionatly committed to building a Grass Roots movement.
HCC is also committed to fighting child hood obesity. This is the area I put most of my effort into. Please mark April 24th on your calendar for the Just Run - Fun Run Children's Festival and Health Fair. Flyer / Entry Forms will begin being distributed next week. For information about this event you can contact me at luj@mchsi.com.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: