Re: A simpler remix.

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Richard Leonard on November 06, 2006 at 17:38:49:

In Reply to: Re: A simpler remix. posted by Leif Irgens on November 05, 2006 at 19:17:58:

A couple of thoughts on the grand prix: I wouldn't think there would be that big of a deal tracking the volunteers for this purpose. Once the races are choosen for the GP, runners could then sign up for "their" race. That way we could make sure the volunteers would be evenly distributed. You'd then tell the volunteer coordinator as you get close to that date, that you will be there and when you help out, check back with the coordinator. We've kicked this around for years.

As for points for distance, I agree with Leon that the 5K's should be limited. I've heard that certain people train for certain distances. So, wouldn't those long distance runners have an advantage over those who aren't gifted at long distances and practice for the shorter races? The true GP winner would be the one who's good at ALL distance if the 5K's are more balanced with the longer ones. Just my thoughts (as someone who's "earned" ONE point over the years, race director of a longer race, and member of the board that wants everyone to have a reason to come to all the races-another words my unbias thoughts)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: