Re: Let's mix it up a bit.

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Leon Mattics on November 06, 2006 at 20:13:10:

In Reply to: Let's mix it up a bit. posted by Victor Birch on November 05, 2006 at 12:07:29:

Any change in the GP would have to be voted on by the Board.
As for volunteering counting towards GP points, I have always been against it because it varies so much with the effort. Some runners such as Brent Ward and Lynn Allin have stepped forward and directed events, other runners consider carrying one cone back to the van as volunteering. Who's going to be the judge on what is a reasonable effort?
Brent's suggestion of doing what Huntsville is doing has merit, but would require that we maintain a lot of runner's records (maybe a 150) and then at the end of the year eliminate a certain number of races from each record. That would require a lot of work if done by hand(believe me a lot of work!). Huntsville is a town bursting with engineers so I have no doubt that some computer whizzes up there have written the appropriate programs to do it. Before the Board decided to go that way it would be smart to have someone explore how they do it.
Victor's idea of having the long races count more points doesn't change how much work we have to do, my Qbasic programs still work and Dalton's database would not have to be changed. I haven't made up my mind whether this change would materially change the results.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: