Re: Let's mix it up a bit.

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Leif Irgens on November 07, 2006 at 09:26:56:

In Reply to: Re: Let's mix it up a bit. posted by Leon Mattics on November 06, 2006 at 20:13:10:

As far as changing the outcome - although I've been a proponent of change, based on my example calculations of the 2001-2002 season, a change would not change the overall result. I'd still bet that some positions might be swapped with a different system but I think that attendance will still be the over-riding factor. I like the idea of just doubling the point totals for races 10k and over but I also think a simple adjustment of having fewer races by eliminating some of the 5k's would be a good way to balance out the system.

I also have to admit that I get so psycotic over grand prix points and trying to attend as many races as I can - well - that's why I once again decided not to re-up my Pacer membership. Ok, I admit that's a stupid reason but I've learned over the years that I simply do not make good decisions about when to skip a race when Grand Prix points are on the line. I'm not asking for changes in the system just for me but I thought I'd throw this angle out as well just to see if anyone else is as irrational about grand prix points as I am.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: