Re: Newbie...

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by John Olive on December 04, 2006 at 16:50:09:

In Reply to: Re: Newbie... posted by Leon Mattics on December 04, 2006 at 12:11:32:

All good advice. Your age and size will have a big impact on your running program. If you are over 40, I would suggest you really pay attention to the advice to run on alternate days. Especially when you get your mileage up a little. Every runner is different and some will be more aggressive but it is always better to err on the side of caution. Especially since you are running for fitness and not to break a world record. Having said that I think you will benefit by trying to bump up your miles per run and then run fewer days. Recovery days are very important to most runners as they age. As you gradually increase your distance, to me you will be more comfortable running the ATR by running 4 days a week (for example 3 miles, 3 miles, 4 miles, 2 miles with rest in between)rather than 2 miles every day. This is of course after you build up to 3 miles. Eventually by early March you should be able to cover 6 miles on your long run/walk.
Good luck and don't hesitate to post questions. You may not get good advice but you will surely get advice!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: