Re: Newbie...

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Ben Harper on December 04, 2006 at 20:40:22:

In Reply to: Re: Newbie... posted by John Olive on December 04, 2006 at 16:50:09:

thanks for all of the advice. I have a pretty good pair of running shoes by newbalence, which didnt come from wal mart, but Sports Academy :)
So what I'm doing is currently I've decided to walk every day around 35 minutes, and run around 2 miles in addition to that on a tread mill (except on Saturdays, and Sundays)every other day. I also excercise a couple days a week at the YMCA in one of thier "Power lifting" classes which consist of many many lunges and squats. (Sometimes to many I think lol)
anyway, let me if this walking and running schedule aboves ounds ok, I don't want to do to much to soon as suggested above. I'm taking it pretty slow, or so it seems. I know I have waited pretty late to start training, but hopefully it will all work out.
I'm not the Ben Harper that sings Gospel, but I do the occasional Karoke lol...
I'm currently 40 years old, and losing weight. I started out at around 243 lbs am I'm currently down to around 215 and looking for maybe around 199lsb by March race date.
thanks for all the advice.
Ben Harper

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL: